The State Secretary organizes development of sectoral policy and strategy and implementation of sectoral policy, leads the administrative activities of the institution and ensures that the Ministry fulfils its functions, plans financial resources of state administration institutions that are subordinated to the Ministry, makes administrative decisions and issues internal legislative acts.
- 23.08.2017. State Secretary- Ministry of Interior
- 20.04.2017. – 22.08.2017. Deputy State Secretary -Ministry of Interior
- 01.01.2015. – 19.04.2017. Deputy State Secretary, Director of Sectoral Policy Department Ministry of Interior
- 01.07.2009. – 31.12.2014. Director of Sectoral Policy Department Ministry of Interior
- 28.02.2005.– 30.06.2009. Deputy Director of Legal Department Ministry of Interior
- 03.01.2005.– 28.02.2005. Deputy Head of Legal Division, Legal and Administrative Department Ministry of Health
- 01.12.2004. – 03.01.2005. Legal Advisor of Legal Division, Legal and Administrative Department; External Advisor of Legal Department , Ministry of Interior Ministry of Health, Ministry of Interior
- 18.09.2003. – 01.12.2004. Legal Advisor of Regulations Division, Legal Department Ministry of Interiorija
- 19.06.2002. – 18.08.2003. Legal Advisor of Legislation Harmonization Unit, European Affairs and International Cooperation Department Ministry of Interior
- 1999. – 2004. Jurist diploma
- 2007. – 2008. (Latvian Police Academy (LL.B in Law, LL. M in Law), Riga (Latvia)
- 2016. – 2017. Leader development program
- 2014. Training programme for the Latvian Presidency of the Council of the European Union
- 2014. Leadership program “Art of Leadership”
English - B2.2. (understanding, speaking, writing), Russian - C2 (understanding, speaking, writing)
- 2016 Remarks on Internal Security // http://www.delfi.lv/news/comment/comment/dimitrijs-trofimovs-piezimes-par-ieksejo-drosibu.d?id=47870951
- 2012 Reflections on the State Police and Its Development // Latvijas Vēstnesis, Jurista Vārds, Nr. 37 (736), 11.08.2012.
- 2008 Warning: Video surveillance // Latvijas Vēstnesis, Jurista Vārds, Nr. 44 (549), 25.11.2008.
- 2007 Data Retention Problem // Latvijas Vēstnesis, Jurista Vārds, Nr.50 (503), 11.12.2007.
- 2005 Is it Necessary to Leave Just One Article in the Criminal Law (on criminal law for fighting terrorism) // Latvijas Vēstnesis, Jurista Vārds, Nr. 40 (395), 25.10.2005.
- 2003. The Body of a Deceased Human Being - Inviolable Value or Hope of the Alive // “Diena”, 28.11.2003.